- Your personal data
- 5. What data is transmitted and stored when using the beook website?
- 6. What data is transmitted and stored when using the beook App?
- 7. What data is transmitted and stored for the newsletter?
- 8. What is my personal data used for?
- 9. Where is my data stored?
- 10. External identity providers and shop systems
- Your rights
We, the company ionesoft GmbH with headquarters in Jegenstorf, Switzerland, operate the product beook. We are committed to your privacy and are committed to the safe handling of your data:
- We do not sell any usage data to third parties and do not pass on any data without express consent
- We deliberately avoid marketing cookies and location tracking
- We collect only the data necessary to provide secure, efficient operation and support
Our data protection officer will answer your questions about data protection and personal data easily by e-mail. Send your request directly to email@example.com.
We store personal information about you when you use:
- the beook website (www.beook.ch),
- the beook App,
- and infrastructure services used by the app (e.g. beook cloud, login provider, eLearning, helpdesk)
This document explains how and why we collect which data and what rights you have.
- Article 13 of the Swiss Federal Constitution
- The Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DSG), which is currently undergoing a total revision
- The European Data Protection Basic Regulation DSGVO
When you access our website, the following data is stored in log files: IP address, date, time, browser request and generally transmitted information about the operating system or browser. This usage data forms the basis for statistical, anonymous evaluations which can help to improve our offers accordingly.
Only cookies that are technically necessary for a normal user experience are set on your device to use the website.
The use of our public website is possible without providing personal data. As far as on our sides personal data (for example name, address or e-mail addresses) are raised, this always takes place on voluntary basis. Access to the internal area only employees and business partners.
Informations you generate
We store the data, which results from your actions in the following situations:
|Informations from your device||
During license verification, technical information about your device is transmitted and stored:
|Informations in the log file||
Personal data can be read from the log file sent along with support requests:
This data is only used for support purposes.
To send the newsletter, the most necessary account data is transferred from beook to the newsletter tool:
|Newsletter usage||Your click behaviour in the newsletter is evaluated|
As a subscriber to the newsletter, you can revoke your consent to the newsletter at any time. For this purpose, a unsubscribe link is placed in every newsletter communication. Alternatively, you can have yourself removed from the newsletter distribution list by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note on newsletter dispatch via «MailChimp»
The basically few personal data are used to offer you good service:
- Analysis option for support cases
- Technical need to verify licenses, installations, and affiliations
- Optimization of systems and applications
- Personal address in the newsletter
Your data from the beook app and the beook website are stored on servers in Switzerland and Germany. Your data for sending the newsletter is stored on servers in the USA.
The beook App enables the use of existing user accounts of external identity providers. These accounts can also be used to transfer data from external shop systems. All these external systems have their own privacy policies, which you can access from the relevant providers.
Only authentication and order data is exchanged with these systems. When logging in with an external identity provider, the password of the external identity provider remains unknown to the beook infrastructure, beook only receives the notification as to whether the authentication was successful. The "oAuth2" standard was implemented for this purpose.
The legal bases assure you a right to information, correction, blocking and deletion of your personal data at any time. A request to export the data, to block or delete it must be submitted with a written explanation. We reserve the right to ask you a identification verification. You can send us enquiries for information and corrections at any time by e-mail to email@example.com.
Your data will be irrevocably deleted in the event of a deletion request:
- User account
- Personal encryption key
- Connecting your account to your personal, system-wide identity
- Synchronization folder of your personal data in the beook cloud
- Support inquiries
- Personal data in the newsletter tool
These measures will remove your personal content and data. In addition, there is no longer any possibility of linking your person to actions/orders/licenses recorded in the system; previously usable products in the beook app will then no longer be accessible.
Be excluded from deletions:
- Data in backups. However, if a backup must be used for system reasons, a previous deletion will be carried out again.
- E-mail correspondence
- Proof of purchase and invoicing data
- Transaction information
In close cooperation with our hosting providers, we strive to protect the online systems and databases as well as possible against unauthorized access, loss, misuse and falsification. We would like to point out that data transmission over the Internet (e.g. communication by e-mail) can be subject to security vulnerabilities. A complete protection of the data against access by third parties cannot be guaranteed.
You are responsible for protecting the data on your personal device. We recommend regular backups, the use of secure passwords and vigilance against phishing e-mails and other hacking methods.
Due to the "lifelong use" of the products in beook, purchases/purchase receipts/licenses are also retained beyond the period of use, as is the associated account information. In addition, the legal storage obligations must be complied with.
Correspondence and support requests are periodically deleted according to the internal e-mail retention policy.
The German constitution applies.
Version 1.1, valid from June 1, 2019