We have used the last months to create numerous extensions, improvements and bug fixes in beook again. These are the news of version 6.4:
From version 6.4, beook offers the possibility of creating and executing your own learning scenarios. The scenarios can be used, for example, as exam preparation or to memorise what you have read. You can add any pages and tasks to your individual learning scenario, even from different teaching materials.
Images in your own pages
Creating your own pages in the content between the sections, this was already a frequently used feature at the beginning of beook to create summaries or to add further topics to the book. Now you can add as many pictures as you like as a gallery and place them anywhere in your own pages, simply by dragging and dropping. So you can create pages that are just as beautiful as the actual teaching materials. We have also modernized the editor and made it more clearly arranged.
Excerpts from teaching materials
With the new version it is possible to load an excerpt of certain teaching materials, which allows a limited number of pages or tasks to be used from a chapter. You can find the teaching materials under "Other ebooks" at the respective providers.
Minor useful improvements
- In the global beook search you can search for content from categories
- The search via notes and tasks is now possible next to the contents
- New you can reach the user via the App-Menu
- Luminous markings above formulas are better displayed
- The creation of luminous markers via the dialog is by default in Active Mode
- Links to pages or tasks can now also be used in OneNote, Word and Teams
- We have also made numerous smaller improvements in many areas
- For comprehensive book updates, the cloud is reliably and immediately synchronized again
- The order of your own pages is correct for cloud synchronization
- Photos from smartphones are aligned correctly rotated
- Drag&Drop task scrolling correctly
- The export/import of profiles is now performed correctly
- Other minor improvements and fixes to increase stability and reliability
- beook 6.4 now uses the OpenJDK in the latest version
- The platform was also modernised
- The macOS version is tested by Apple
The update is done via the installation program. After clicking OK the new version is loaded. Then close the running application and run the installation program.