In addition to a new design of the user interface, the newly developed infrastructure in the background has greatly accelerated the startup and optimized the storage of files - while maintaining complete offline capability.
As a user of beook on many different devices, you benefit from an improved licensing practice: A new feature is that a device of the license is only "consumed" when an ebook is installed. This allows you to control on which device you want to use which licenses. Uninstalling an ebook releases the corresponding license for another personal device.
On Windows devices, a new browser is used which interprets the latest HTML5 standards and can play interactive and audio-visual content as desired.
The wide offer of hep verlag is now available in beook. The combination of hep verlag's eLehrmittel app with beook makes it very easy for all eLehrmittel users to edit their content in a single app. All details can be found on the website of hep-verlag. Website hep-verlag.
If you are using beook version 5.5 or older, please note the following points:
- Make sure that your personal content is stored in the beook cloud. beook 6 will retrieve your personal content from the cloud. Local data will not be considered.
- After starting beook 6 it is necessary to log in again and reinstall the ebooks. It is not necessary to create a new account.
- Download the new version from the website under Download. (For now only for Windows and macOS, Andoid and iOS will follow in August).
If you would like to continue using version 5.5 in addition to the new version 6, there are a few points to keep in mind:
- The apps under Windows and macOS have the same name and are installed in the same folder by default. It is best to rename version 5.5, for example from C:\Apps\beook to C:\Apps\beook5.
- The data is stored in separate folders and does not overwrite each other.
- You can then use both version 5 and version 6. Ideally not at the same time, otherwise conflicts with the cloud can occur.
The login now takes place in an external browser - so your details are safe from foreign eyes. Details on registration and account creation can be found under Documentation → Login - Create Account
If you use beook with different classes or as an author in quality assurance, you can use the profile functionality in the future. For more information see Documentation → Manage accounts and profiles
Soon there will also be the possibility of linking accounts from different providers. We will keep you up to date at this point.
The proven functions for editing content, keyword search and the proven overview columns continue to be an integral part of the leading platform for digital teaching aids: beook 6. We wish you continued: efficient learning!